Sunday 15 July 2012

Getting started....

Although I had decided to avoid eBooks where possible, I have recently rekindled (no pun intended) by relationship with my woefully underused Sony eReader.  As such, I quickly procured an .epub of Benjamin Franklin's Autobiography from good ol' Gutenberg and began reading.  At time of writing, I am currently about a quater of the way through it and thus far, it lives up to it's reputations.


Today, I have located used copies of Benjamin Franklin's Autobiography as well as Journal by John Woolman and Fruits of Solitude by William Penn from various booksellers on Abe Books all for a total price of £11.31 (including postage).

Updates will be made as they arrive.

Further to this, I was amazed to discover that I had yet to create an account with Abe Books! So I decided to take time to explore the site and I have to say, I am thoroughly impressed.  Particularly fascinating, is their list of the previous month's most expensive sales.  Topping the list for June was a signed copy of Oscar Wilde's An Ideal Husband which sold for a princely sum of £12,698! Also, futher investigation reveals one still, available for £15,000!

No comments:

Post a Comment